On 10.07.2018 at 12:26, Nikita Popov wrote:

> I've just updated the RFC with the last major change (switch to the "no
> intrinsic types" alternative for reference handling). Apart from some minor
> tweaks (maybe add a bit more information on how the implementation works)
> the RFC itself should be about ready for voting.
>
> Even if the RMs decide that this cannot go into PHP 7.3, we'd still like to
> start voting on this RFC soon (in the next few days).

After consulting with other release managers, I would ask you not to
target PHP 7.3, because we're already in alpha stage, the changes for
feature are quite comprehensive, and affect extensions in a subtle way[1]:

[1] <https://wiki.php.net/rfc/typed_properties_v2#impact_on_extensions>

--
Christoph M. Becker