On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 5:19 PM Dan Ackroyd <dan...@basereality.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 at 13:29, Zeev Suraski <z...@php.net> wrote:
> >
> > If we go in this direction, though, then unless George agrees to withdraw
> >this RFC
>
> Zeev,
>
> I do not think you behaviour is appropriate.
>
> It's not appropriate to put pressure on an RFC author to withdraw an
> RFC after it has been voted on.
>
> It's not appropriate to try to change the rules on voting after a vote
> has occurred.

No Dan.

What's inappropriate is the wholesale compatibility break-fast that we're
experiencing here, for virtually no reason, while exhibiting total
disregard for the issues we're creating for folks out there.

I do not feel comfortable having to ask George to withdraw or reopen his
RFC, but I feel a lot less comfortable betraying the trust of millions of
developers - so I'm doing it anyway, despite the unpleasantry involved.

> Please stop doing this.

I will gladly do so, once the project starts behaving responsibly again.
You may think I'm enjoying it, or otherwise taking it lightly - but trust
me, there's nothing I hate doing more than quaralleing on things like that
on internals.  And yet, this must be done.

Zeev