With the current definition of iommu-map we already have baked in an
assumption that an iommu-specifier is a value that can be incremented
by 1 to get to the next sequential specifier.  So the binding already
has "knowledge" that applies in most, but not all cases.

The generic iommu binding also defines a case where #iommu-cells=4
for some IOMMUs.

Since the ARM SMMU is a special case, perhaps the intepretation
of an iommu-specifier in the context of iommu-map should be moved
into the SMMU binding.

You had said in the previous thread:

  > I had intended that the offset was added to the final cell of the
  > iommu-specifier (i.e. that the iommu-specifier was treated as a large
  > number).

  > You can handle this case by adding additional entries in the map table,
  > with a single entry length.

I understand that, and it works, but I don't see why the definition has
to be that the offset is added to the "final cell".  Why can't it be
an iommu specific definition that makes sense for a given IOMMU?

Stuart