From: iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org [mailto:iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org]
On Behalf Of Gregg Reynolds
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:33 PM
To: Heldt-Sheller, Nathan <nathan.heldt-shel...@intel.com>
Cc: iotivity-dev <iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org>
Subject: Re: [dev] News

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018, 2:29 PM Gregg Reynolds
<d...@mobileink.com<mailto:d...@mobileink.com>> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018, 6:17 PM Heldt-Sheller, Nathan
<nathan.heldt-shel...@intel.com<mailto:nathan.heldt-shel...@intel.com>> wrote:
Yeah, but the OCF specification development and review process definitely
requires OCF membership, no way around that for IP reasons etc… so we can’t
take that to IoTivity
Nobody is asking to change that. Deliberations and votes are members-only. That
is compatible with community feedback at any time in the process.

Please look at the way w3c works. Members settle on a final draft. You publish
it as e.g. 2.0-RC1 and give the community a month or two to provide feedback.
Members then decide whether feedback merits changes. Not complicated.

Boils down to: do you want to catch bugs before or after Release?

Case in point: the 2.0 Cloud spec is incompatible with the core spec.