>> 3.  Terminology
>>
>>    For the purposes of this document, the terms Extension Header, Header
>>    Chain, First Fragment, and Upper-layer Header are used as follows:
>>
>>    Extension Header:
>>
>>       Extension Headers are defined in Section 4 of [RFC2460].
>>       [IANA-PROTO] provides a list of assigned Internet Protocol Numbers
>>       and designates which of those protocol numbers also represent
>>       extension headers.
>
> The final clause is totally incorrect - the IANA list does not (today)
> identify extension headers. draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit has the details
> in its IANA Considerations.
>
> Assuming draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit is approved, this will change,
> but for that purpose you'd need a blocking (normative) reference
> to draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit to guarantee the correct sequence of
> publication.

I thought that's what we were intending (assuming
draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit goes smoothly) -- but I realize we missed
the procedural piece of making sure of the correct sequence of
publication. So I guess possible paths are:

1) Changing the above paragraph to something along the lines of:

   Extension Headers are defined in Section 4 of [RFC2460].
   As a result of [draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit], [IANA-PROTO] provides
   a list of assigned Internet Protocol Numbers and designates which of
   those protocol numbers also represent extension headers.

(or something along these lines... please suggest alternative phrasing
if deemed appropriate)

2) Change the above paragraph to:

   Extension Headers are defined in Section 4 of [RFC2460], and various
   extension headers have been specified in [RFC2460] itself and in
   other later documents.

(which IMO would still be fine, since we don't really need to provide
the full list here)

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Cheers,