Indeed a good question, and a good analysis. But bottom line, isn't it
really about the ability to scan and record multiple frequencies at a time,
and to also be able to visually spot things more easily so as to direct the
search for DX ?

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila
Grid FN20id
<wb2...@gmail.com>

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (4) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 4);
modified Sony ICF2010's (3) w/APS9B @ 15';
modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip