Mark C, your tall DKAZ idea should work as a decent compromise. I am
surprised that the real low end seems not to provide really good F/B no
matter what I do. I changed to 30 ft high rather than 40 and while you lose
3 dB signal at 530 KHz, the pattern is somewhat better, but still not as
good as I'd like. However, higher up, per EZNEC you'll love the antenna.
73 KAZ