rdblue commented on code in PR #18248:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/18248#discussion_r4098552889


##########
core/src/main/java/org/apache/iceberg/V4ManifestReader.java:
##########
@@ -113,11 +115,20 @@ Schema readSchema() {
 
   @Override
   public CloseableIterator<TrackedFile> iterator() {
+    // first row ID assignment must happen first to maintain consistent 
assignment when files are
+    // removed or filtered
     CloseableIterable<TrackedFile> files =
         CloseableIterable.transform(open(), this::applyInheritance);
 
     if (!includeAll) {
-      files = CloseableIterable.filter(files, file -> 
file.tracking().isLive());
+      if (dv != null) {
+        files =
+            CloseableIterable.filter(files, file -> file.tracking().isLive() 
&& !isDeleted(file));
+      } else {
+        files = CloseableIterable.filter(files, file -> 
file.tracking().isLive());
+      }
+    } else if (dv != null) {
+      files = CloseableIterable.transform(files, this::applyMDVDeletes);

Review Comment:
   I'm fine with that. I just wanted to make sure there was agreement before I 
removed it.



-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to