git-hulk commented on PR #1032:
URL: 
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kvrocks/pull/1032#issuecomment-1290419049

   > > In my option, the parser should only care about how to iterator and the 
type(or range) is right. For whether those flags are exclusive or not, it'd 
better to handle outside the parser, or the parser will become more and more 
complex.
   > 
   > In this PR, I added only about 5 lines of code to successfully solve this 
problem (it is so common in redis command, almost in every redis command with a 
optional flag), and simplified the code hugely (remove SO MANY duplicated code 
related to this logic). So I do not think it is unnecessary in the parsing 
framework.
   > 
   > I think a parser should care about every parsing logic, because every 
logic is related to whether the parser should move next or hold on.
   
   Yes, the parsing framework truly removes many duplicate codes. My 
proposition is whether we can reduce the learning cost if we expect all 
commands depend on it. And for the parsing framework should care about every 
logic or not, I have no the solid reason now, so I think we can leave as it be.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to