Hi Andreas,

On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 11:15:49 AM UTC+1, Andreas Sewe wrote:

> you're welcome. And thanks for being always super-responsive. I wish all
> OSS projects were like that.

First of all thank you for these warm words!

Maybe we can replace

try {
    Class.forName("java.lang.Module");
} catch (final ClassNotFoundException e)

by

try {
    Instrumentation.class.getMethod("redefineModule");
} catch (final NoSuchMethodException e) {

However
dummy java.lang.Module was added to NetBeans by commit
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/commit/4325e6ca3600c7234072df38ce50ff8c69172343
and causes the same

java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java.lang

on JVM 8 for example for

org.netbeans.NbInstrumentation.class.getMethods()

I strongly believe that org.netbeans.NbInstrumentation should not implement
java.lang.instrument.Instrumentation
and this will allow to remove dummy java.lang.Module

Marc, WDYT?

Regards,
Evgeny