Hi,

On 13.07.2016 08:43, swaraj.d...@intel.com wrote:
Hi,

So I have been trying to start the root cell on my board which has lead to CPU stall and
sometimes kernel panics (can't predict which one might occur) so I inspected the
following files and added printf(""); commands to see where exactly the program
hangs:

1. driver/main.c -> in the function static int jailhouse_cmd_enable(struct
jailhouse_system __user *arg){} is where it seems to be checking the hypervisor image and
checking the memory and right before terminating the function using return 0; there is the
line that says pr_info("The Jailhouse is opening.\n"); , because i can see this
message on my tera term so I think all the steps required to start the jailhouse are fine.

2. tools/jailhouse.c (enable_function.PNG) -> As it can be seen from the
screenshot I have manually added printf(); commands to find out where exactly the
program hangs the output looks like:
[] first point
[] second point
[] third point
[] The Jailhouse is opening.

After this comes the stall error or the kernel panics which from the code means that the
line "err = ioctl(fd, JAILHOUSE_ENABLE, config);" is not being executed
completely because I do not see printf(); messages after that line.

My kernel : 4.1.13apollolake
OS: Poky 2.0 (jethro)
make version : GNU Make 4.1 (all running on my board)

I have read through the other topics regarding/close to this issue in the
mailing list and I realized that the problem could be : root cell config not
100% correct or CPU configurations perhaps I/O port access, At this stage it is
very important to get the hypervisor output so I setup the serial port
connection in my Tera term however I still get the kernel dump and not the
hypervisor output. I have attached the steps I have done so far
(short_steps.txt serial_port_setup.PNG cable_connection.jpg) to reduce the
length of this email. Any advice will be appreciated.
You mean, you get the kernel dump in your serial console? Perhaps you'd want to disable or redirect this. Anyway, please check that debug_console.phys_start points to the correct I/O port.

Valentine

Regards,
Swaraj Dube.