Hi,

On 14.07.2016 11:02, Dube, Swaraj wrote:
Hi,

Sounds like a good idea, firstly Valentine has a good point I also think there
is something wrong with the I/O port access (if not then something else in the
I/O) so I changed debug_console.phys_start points from 0x3f8 to 0x3e8 in my
configs/myboard.c and then make again to obtain a new myboard.cell file as I am
using ttyS2 (I checked this in my /boot/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg) and it's standard
address is 0x3e8 but is that it?, I think I may have to change something else
in myboard.c but I am unsure of what to change if any.

I turned CPU 1 offline and tried enabling jailhouse and I get an Invalid
argument error for JAILHOUSE_ENABLE obviously due to the return of -EINVAL from
jailhouse_cmd_enable() function from driver/main.c due to the if conditions set
but still no hypervisor output, I just see the printf(); messages I manually
created, I then read about the article contributed by valentine on
understanding the jailhouse hypervisor: https://lwn.net/Articles/578295/ that
explains about the role of the functions and how calls are made. I realize that
my program is not entering the entry(); or init_early(); function in
hypervisor/setup.c file as this is the file which seems to be printing out the
hypervisor output , may be the system is crashing before that ? , may be the
information about the IO in configs/myboard.c still incorrect (my suspect) ,
Any suggestions?
If having debug port wrong is really the culprit, check your BIOS/UEFI. Often you may view/change I/O ports for COMx there.

Valentine

Regards,
Swaraj Dube.