On 2016-07-13 18:07, Dube, Swaraj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply, I think what you are referring to is the COM right , I
> read about it, COM1-4 having I/O port addresses 0x3f8 , 0x2f8 , 0x3e8 and
> 0x2e8 respectively . Currently debug_console.phys_start in my
> configs/myboard.c points to the address 0x3f8 which should be of standard
> COM1 whereas I am using COM5 so I'll try finding the address of COM5, hope I
> am getting it right, kindly correct me if I am getting it wrong.

If you want to debug the UART output of Jailhouse without crashing your
system every time: Take one of the configured cores offline (echo 0 >
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online) before calling jailhouse enable.
That will make the hypervisor fail gracefully with -EINVAL, but you will
see messages of it trying to enable the remaining CPUs - provided we do
not crash even earlier in the setup.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA ITP SES-DE