Hi,

On 09/27/2016 06:57 PM, Dan Zach wrote:
> I tried to follow the advise in this forum and stick to vanilla kernel.
> Jetson TK1 loses all its graphics and becomes command line only.
> Talking to NVIDIA forum, it turned out that it is a huge task to make the
> graphics drivers and libs to work with Vanilla kernel.
I would also recommend to use a more recent kernel than 3.10. 3.10 was
released in June '13 and will be EOL in June '17. Sooner or later you
will have to upgrade to a more recent version and apparently, Nvidia is
trying to mainline most of their stuff (except their proprietary
graphics driver blobs...).

This is not answering you question, but there's some nice work from two
Nvidia guys [1]. These scripts create an Arch Linux rootfs that contain
a full open source graphics stack (nouveau + mesa). Afair, they're using
latest mainline kernel, but it's been a while that I tested those
scripts. So actually it should be possible to get graphics working on a
recent kernel version...

> So my question is : how hard would it be to make jailhouse running with L4T
> kernel (based on 3.10).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any problem running jailhouse
on an older kernel, besides the fact that you will have to align the
jailhouse system configuration.

  Ralf

[1] https://github.com/NVIDIA/tegra-nouveau-rootfs