On 2016-10-09 15:40, Dan Zach wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 September 2016 19:57:06 UTC+3, Dan Zach  wrote:
>> I tried to follow the advise in this forum and stick to vanilla kernel.
>> Jetson TK1 loses all its graphics and becomes command line only.
>> Talking to NVIDIA forum, it turned out that it is a huge task to make the
>> graphics drivers and libs to work with Vanilla kernel.
>>
>> So my question is : how hard would it be to make jailhouse running with L4T
>> kernel (based on 3.10).
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dan
>
> Q1:I am trying to bring up jailhouse on the Jetson TK1 downstraem kernel
> 3.10.40 ( to keep the graphics.
> First bump - booting to HYP mode. As far as I set bootm_boot_mode=nonsec,
> u-boot crashes with :"couldn't find /cpus" message.
>
> It basically looks for DT entries "cpus", which were not existing in 3.10.40
> time. I looked through the code and it looks like it should be fine just to
> comment this out.
>
> Q2: PSCI is binary firmware that is executed in secure world (trust zone),
> right? So if I can successfully boot 4.6 vanilla kernel in HYP mode (on top
> of original L4T 21.3 image), I guess PSCI firmware is just not flashed
> anywhere?
>
> So there is no reason, we couldn't boot in HYP mode with the downstream
> 3.10.40?

PSCI is part of u-boot (when using the right version - pick a recent
release). And, yes, it is left as monitor behind when booting the kernel
into SVC of HYP mode. If you can boot upstream in HYP mode, then
everything is prepared. If a vendor kernel doesn't boot, it lacks the
required support or has some old bug.

> Q3: When I build U-Boot myself, I get nasty garbage in the serial console:
> Couple of lines ok:NVIDIA, DRAM 2G
> Then boot menu is all scrambled, and the kernel log is fine again...
> The Baudrate is fine. Any ideas?

I've attached my u-boot config. As you can seen for it, I'm currently
running 2016.07, so this could serve as known-good reference.

HTH,
Jan