Hi Joep,

I tried to test this, it works fine with my PIC's slave echoing chars. I
tried to turn off master, repeatedly and randomly, and it works. But I don't
know if this is the correct test.

Anway, on normal use, it just works perfectly.


Cheers,
Seb

2009/1/2 Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>

> "ten" probably means "until" :)
>
> So how do I do 2. ? Randomly switch off the master ? Maybe I could test
> without your modifications (observe the problem) then with (observe the fix)
> several times, so hopefully there's one time which will be interrupt the
> com. inside a packet ?
>
> Most importantly: this modifications is aimed to be included in the 0.1
> release. Are you confident enough to include it at the last minute ? Is it
> worth to take the risk ? This is a real question, I don't mean I don't want
> to include it, it's just up to you. If you decide to include it, you could
> update the CHANGELOG to talk about this improvement (which IIRC did not
> exist before, so using jallib really improves i2c com.)
>
>
> Seb
>
> 2009/1/2 Joep Suijs <[email protected]>
>
>>
>> Ten end of this week? When would that be? ;)
>>
>> I think it is important to test regression: does it still work like it
>> should.
>> 2 is quite dificult to repreduce and even within 2 there are multiple
>> states to recover. We'll learn if the recovery is sufficient along the
>> way.
>> But having said that, I'm confident is does. I knew it would be
>> possible, just did not look into this. And when I spoke to a friend, I
>> told me about the atmel datasheet.
>> And with my logic analyser, I could verify my waveform is equal to the
>> one in the datasheet :)
>>
>> Joep
>>
>> 2009/1/2, Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>:
>> > I can test this, but probably not before the end of this WE...
>> > What would be the test scenario ?
>> >
>> >  1. make 2 pics talking
>> >  2. while master is sending a packet, reset it
>> >  3. make sure after reset, pics can still talk
>> >
>> >
>> > How would I do 2. ? How did you perform this test ?
>> >
>> >
>> > Seb
>> >
>> > 2009/1/2 Joep Suijs <[email protected]>
>> >
>> > >
>> > > Hi All,
>> > >
>> > > I added some code in i2c software master to clear the i2c bus,
>> > > regardless the state it is in. This is usefull in cases where the
>> > > master gets resets, while communicating with a slave. The slave may
>> > > have been addressed and sending data and that needs recovery.
>> > >
>> > > I tested this with an i2c eeprom and seems to work okay in the way it
>> > > does not cause any problems. Can someone else (Seb?) test this code
>> > > also to make sure it does not cause any new issue's?
>> > >
>> > > I'll intend to add this code for hardware i2c too.
>> > >
>> > > Joep
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Sébastien Lelong
>> > http://www.sirloon.net
>> > http://sirbot.org
>> >
>> > >
>> >
>>
>> >>
>>
>
>
> --
> Sébastien Lelong
> http://www.sirloon.net
> http://sirbot.org
>



-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to