Sebastien Lelong wrote:

> I've noticed some pins are missing in pinmap.py, for 18F4550: RC4 and
> RC5 (RC3 does not exist).
> I'm about to fix this, but I was also if there was a way to
> cross-check this with device files, while you, Rob, are generating
> aliases. Something like: "if I have a pin in device file which isn't
> in pinmap then print bad".

Believe it or not I already have a test for missing pins in the mapping
file!  But I didn't see a warning for the 18f4550 .... curious!

Well, as it turns out pin_C4 and pin_C5 are not declared in the device 
files (although PORT_RC4 and PORT_RC5 are declared). I see also the 
reason for this: the pins for the 18Fs are declared from the 
specifications of the LAT registers and these don't have bits 4 and 5.
There are no corresponding TRIS bits either: these pins are input only!

It looks like I have to change my script to generate the pins for the 
18Fs from the PORT registers. Maybe there are more input-only pins 
missing in the device files.

> PS: while fixing this, I'll convert the whole in JSON format, on the
> whole chain.

Shouldn't be a problem!

Regards, Rob.

-- 
Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to