I wonder if the future extended language ref with Dita could be
converted to a help file as well as PDF. Sorry seb, sounds like more
work.

With the number of documentation contributors I wonder if these things
can even be done.

I also think packaging is quite important, jallib-pack should contain
an editor + help file.

Now that Jaledit does not lock up, I hope we can consider putting it
within the jallib package. It is an inconvenient for users to go
somewhere else to get an editor. Of course jaledit can have a menu
item for a jallib help file.

Matt.

On Feb 8, 1:21 am, Sunish Issac <[email protected]> wrote:
> I happened to read this faq item on google code
>
> If you are new, you should plan to participate in existing open source
> projects to learn how they work. You might also want to check out Karl
> Fogel's book, I'm new to open source... how do I run an open source
> project?Producing
> Open Source Software <http://producingoss.com/>.
>
> While reading it there were couple of insights regarding how to have the OS
> project successful. Packaging is one of the most important part, and I still
> feel that jal still has to go a long way.
>
> Looks like we got to have a survey about the users, their platforms and
> usability so that we can give priority and work on it.
>
> Personally I feel on windows, its very important to have native context
> sensitive help files available from within the IDE for the compiler,jallib
> and jaledit.
>
> Sunish

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to