Checkout Notepad++ to see what is possible with Scintilla

https://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/

I use it all the time.


So maybe JalEdit re-worked using Scintilla core? Scintilla is cross
platform?
(Notepad++ itself is actually easy to customise for JAL, but I'm not
suggesting that as I think it's only for Windows.)


Ancient History:
I did an editor once with hyperlinking (not HTTP), in Modula-2, but
it's only Console based. Works OS/2, DOS and Windows :-)
> >>> Why not ? But how different it is from what I'm doing, except the  
> >>> name ?
> >>> (and you were not in favor ?)
>
> >> I did not say that I am not in favor.
>
> >> The name is important, if the name JalEdit was used, it will be easy
> >> to get others to convert. You know the importance of marketing.
>
> >> We should try to get a yes or no answer from Sunish, maybe he will  

> >> could reduce workload. I see other more important tasks that need to
> >> be done such as documentation. Of course I am content with what I
> >> currenlty have to write jal code.
>
> >> A "fast" crossplatform jaledit sounds like a great idea to me if it  
> >> is
> >> possible. Could a bit more research be done?
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to