> > What about making this new editor look and feel like jaledit, but > > named jaledit 2.0? Would Sunish be ok with this? > > Why not ? But how different it is from what I'm doing, except the name ? > (and you were not in favor ?)
I did not say that I am not in favor. The name is important, if the name JalEdit was used, it will be easy to get others to convert. You know the importance of marketing. We should try to get a yes or no answer from Sunish, maybe he will get on board with you to build a nice IDE. I feel bad however that he has put so much of his time into the wonderful JalEdit that he has created. There should be some note about the great work that he has done within this new IDE if it is to replace jaledit. > From what I understand, Scintilla provides framework to deal with code, > syntax hightlight, etc... It's not an editor on its own. Do you mean "Scite" Yes, I ment Scite. I agree that PICShell is too complex for basic users, mostly I wish we could reduce workload. I see other more important tasks that need to be done such as documentation. Of course I am content with what I currenlty have to write jal code. A "fast" crossplatform jaledit sounds like a great idea to me if it is possible. Could a bit more research be done? Matt. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
