2010/10/28 Oliver Seitz <[email protected]>

>
> Good thinking, but check the datasheet, I think the ADC doesn't work well
> with Vref lower than about 3V.
>

Right, it seems hardware limitations are:

  - Vref+ - Vref- > 2V
  - Vref+ >  Vdd - 2.5V (so Vref+ > 2.5V since PIC is powered at 5V)
  - VRef- < 2V

I wouldn't use Vref- (Vss instead), so Vref+ would have to be between [2.5V,
5V].

Internal voltage generator, according to 16F88's datasheet (page 127, when
CVRR=0), won't output more than (1/4 * 5) + (1/2 * 5) = 3.75V (it also
mentioned 0.72 * CVRSRC ~ 3.6V). I guess it's possible to bring this up to
5V.

Cheers
Seb

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to