On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 2:36 AM, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Vasi,
>
> > The device is exactly DS18B20
> How can you be sure?
>

Because this code does not work with DS18s20, I'm using both since about 10
years...

Vasile


>
> > I have the feeling that my messages don't arrive on your side....
> I can see that in your messages. You keep telling me it is simpel.
> everything works for you and get annoyed when I ask for specific
> details, like the delay used. It probably is simple, but it does not
> work on my setup.
> And it is quite dificult for me to see what happens with your program,
> since you have not posted a full, consistent set of code.
>
> > Yes, I said this is the behavior also on my part.
> What you describe is not the behavior on my part.
>
> > With no delay at
> > all, in the first second of the device I get a wrong value (~80) then
> > (because is cycling continuously) I get the correct value. It works
> > also like this:
> >
> > Pseudocode:
> > read_temp    ; consider this part
> > delay 750ms ; the initialization time
> > loop  ; and this part, the one without delays, where
> >  show_temp  ; you do also other things
> >  read_temp_without_delay
> > end loop
>
> I told you a before your code does work for me. It never give a good
> reading on my setup. Not at first. Not after 1 second. Not after 20
> minutes.
> I have the impression a conversion command restarts a conversion, so
> if there is always a new conversion command before the previous
> conversion is completed, the initial version remains. But that does
> not explain why it works for you with a conversion command every 4
> ms...
>
> Anyway, I spent way more time than I can afford right now, so I'm
> afraid I have to leave it at this for now :(
>
> Joep
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to