Hi,

I'm still puzzled, since small delays don't work for me either. And I do
work the third (vdd) line. When the conversion is running and I read the
device, the reported temperature is 85 degrees. So I have to wait for 800ms
- one way or the other - after conversion before I can get a valid reading.
I can't think of a reason why it does work for you, Vasi. Unless it has to
do with slightly different devices?!?

The test file and libraries need some cleanup but should work okay if you
have one device on the bus. If you create a jal program that includes one of
the board files and then the test file, you should have a working
program. The program prints the temperature and rom id to the serial
port. I'd apprecieate to hear your findings in general and more specific on
a device in parasite mode since I did not try that yet.

Joep

2011/1/16 Serdar K. <[email protected]>

> Hi, i think the delay routine is for charging/powering the circuit from
> one-wire bus, which only contains one data+vdd and one ground pin. If you
> power the sensor IC with a seperate Vdd line, the delay time could be less,
> and not as much critical, but i can not tell if this is the case, because
> the schematics link on this thread didn't work for me...
>
> If this can be without the power line and with no or less delay, this would
> be very nice.
>
> Greetings,
> Serdar
>
> 2011/1/15 Joep Suijs <[email protected]>
>
>>  2011/1/15 vasile surducan <[email protected]>:
>> >
>> >
>> > On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 1:21 AM, vasile surducan <[email protected]>
>> > wrote:
>> >> even when display on a 7 segment? and display is multiplexed...
>> >> Vasile
>>
>> I don't see why not. If the display routine requires strict timing
>> like with multiplexing, the design of your program should be
>> accordingly. I'm not sure if the seven segment display accepts ascii
>> (an requirement for format.jal), but you can make this if you need it.
>> Of course, you can add additional constaints so it won't work with
>> generic libraries. You have to do specific optimisations in JAL or
>> revert to assembler.
>>
>> Joep
>>
>> --
>>
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "jallib" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
>> .
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>>
>>
>
>
> --
>   *Serdar KIZILTOPRAK
> Intelligence **Technology Systems
> [email protected]
> http://www.its3k.com
> +90(216) 518 15 00*
> **
>
>
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#12d8de55314f6b3c_>
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#12d8de55314f6b3c_>
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#12d8de55314f6b3c_>
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#12d8de55314f6b3c_>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to