Maybe that's related to gigabit CAT6 cables with all four twisted pairs ? To
dig...

Cheers,
Seb


2011/1/18 Oliver Seitz <[email protected]>

>
> >Is autonegotiation also about detecting cross-over vs. straight connection
> ? Any link ? I thought it was about half/full duplex and speed.
>
> It is. There are different sources stating different things... I feel like
> someone hast to read the standards on that...
>
> At least I tried myself and found this quote from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_over_twisted_pair true:
>
> "If both devices being connected support 1000BASE-T according to the
> standards, they will connect regardless of the cable being used or how it is
> wired."
>
> I found no clear statement that confirmed or denied that this has to do
> with the mandatory auto-negotiation or if there's some magic of a different
> name working.
>
> So I now prefer not to keep that statement up, I'm not sure if a gigabit
> port will connect to a less-than-gigabit port trough a straight cable.
>
> Greets,
> Kiste
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>
>


-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to