2011/2/24 mattschinkel <[email protected]>

> I will try to go through all your code and test on my glcd tomorrow.
> Maybe stop editing for a bit so I may make some changes?
>

Sure, I think I've explored what required for char based stuff. Let's make a
pause and migrate all code and samples.


>
> > I've no doubts if can be useful, but I'm not going to consider this
> feature
> > implemented, because it would need I'd have to adapt nokia 3310 code to
> > implement it :)
>
> Until you can print both 5x8 and 8x12 fonts, I suggest you keep these
> FONT_BIT_DIRECTION. This is not for rotating fonts! Did you read my
> notes in glcd_font.jal carefully? Having this constant should not
> affect you if you don't use it. Please tell me how it does affect you.
> Why not keep it in the font lib?
>

I'm not going to remove anything related to FONT_BIT_DIRECTION. Since it's
not implemented, I just won't deal with this for now. It doesn't affect me
since it's not implemented.

I sure have read glcd_font.jal and understood how to encode fonts, either
horizontal or vertical.

But... please explain to me how can you use different font using your
current code ? I'm not sure you can... From what I can read
glcd_stm032qvt-003.jal expects a 8x12 vertical font, because
lcd_write_char() loops over 12, then 8. I think you've implemented vertical,
while I've implemented horizontal. Please confirm.  if so, can you add
GLCD_FONT_BIT_DIRECTION to your 8x12 font ? I'll then update Nokia 3310 to
deal with 8x12.


Cheers,
Seb



>
> I'm going to paste something from glcd_font.jal, please read and
> understand it. I am showing a 9x12 character using two different
> FONT_BIT_DIRECTION's. Although both constant tables show different
> values, the result will be the same character "!". TOP_RIGHT means
> bits start at top right corner, BOTTOM_LEFT bits start at bottom left
> corner. After that, bits go horizontal or vertical, then loop to next
> row/column.
>
> 1st example takes 12 bytes, my GLCD can print this type of font very
> efficiently, and there are less wasted bits.
> 2nd example takes 8 words (16 bytes). Actually this font table should
> use bytes (in the same order).
>
>
> -- This example is 9x12 (font_top_right_horizontal)
> -- const byte FONT_9x12_0_NONAME[] =
> {0x00,0x00,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x00,0x20,0x00,0x00} -- "!"
> -- ---horizontal--->
> -- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x00 0x00
> -- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x00 0x00
> -- 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x20 0x00
> -- 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x20 0x00
> -- 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x20 0x00
> -- 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x20 0x00
> -- 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x20 0x00
> -- 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x20 0x00
> -- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x00 0x00
> -- 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x20 0x00
> -- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x00 0x00
> -- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   -- 0x00 0x00
> -- --
> -- This example is FONT_9x12_7_NONAME (FONT_BOTTOM_LEFT_VERTICAL)
> -- const byte font_table[] = {0x0000 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000
> 0x0000 0x2F0C 0x0000 0x0000} -- "!"
> -- --
> -- 0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0        ^
> -- 0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0        |
> -- 0      0      1      0      0      0      0      0      0        L
> -- 0      0      1      0      0      0      0      0      0        A
> -- 0      0      1      0      0      0      0      0      0        C
> -- 0      0      1      0      0      0      0      0      0        I
> -- 0      0      1      0      0      0      0      0      0        T
> -- 0      0      1      0      0      0      0      0      0        R
> -- 0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0        E
> -- 0      0      1      0      0      0      0      0      0        V
> -- 0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0        |
> -- 0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0        |
> -- 0x0000 0x0000 0x2F0C 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>
>


-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to