OK, we have a conflicting API regarding lcd_write_pixel. Depending on GLCD,
last parameter is either a color or a mode (on|off|xor)

  - nokia 3310: on|off|xor
  - ks0108: on|off
  - stm: color !

Colors should be handled outside procedure parameters, defining pen & bg
color *before* calling plotting procedures. I think this is what we agreed,
right ? If so glcd_common should be updated accordingly.

On the other side, since "mode" is part of lcd_write_pixel signature, all
plotting procs (line, box, ellipse, ...) should take a "mode" parameter to
specify whether we want to make pixels on, off or xor. I'm not in favor of
putting this parameter outside lcd_write_pixel signature as pen color for
instance, because "mode" is very tied to one pixel, whereas pen color looks
like more a global LCD option.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Seb

2011/3/6 Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>

> Hi Matt, guys,
>
> Just a follow-up to let you know I've finally been able to get a working
> lcd_write_pixel() procedure on nokia 3310, using a cache. I've used Paul's
> implementation and integrate it within current API. I was having troubles
> with cache not being cleared properly.
>
> I tried to use glcd_common's lcd_line(), but no success though...
>
>
> Cheers,
> Seb
>
> 2011/2/24 mattschinkel <[email protected]>
>
>> > I feel like it is 8x12, I have never heard of 9-bit bytes ;-)
>>
>> Yep, you never know what sized fonts someone would create! That was
>> just an example.
>>
>> > please explain to me how can you use different font using your
>> current code
>>
>> Yes, I currently can only draw 8x12. I will be adding an IF statement
>> to draw other fonts using the bit_direction constant. Seems like the
>> only way!
>>
>> Matt.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "jallib" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected].
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Sébastien Lelong
> http://www.sirloon.net
> http://sirbot.org
>



-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to