2011/3/9 Oliver Seitz <[email protected]>:
>
>> Can you just define 8 customer
>> characters print them, then change them
>> and define and print 8 more?
>
> I do not know, but I know form early "home" computers from the 1980's 
> (Sinclair, Commodore etc.), that due to limited RAM space there was no 
> graphics buffer. The screen buffer only contained the characters, not how 
> they looked like. So, when you changed a character definition, that character 
> instantly got updated anywhere it was visible on the screen. I presume that 
> the same is true for LCD character displays.
>

So you presume:
> Iirc you can display 8 different custom chars at the same time.
;)

Joep

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to