Paul Smith wrote:
quick check, I haven't tried the maven build system for lucene yet, but getting a clean trunk, and doing this:

 mvn -f lucene-parent-pom.xml -Dversion=2.2 install

It appears to be ignoring the version property:

Installing /workspace/lucene-svn/lucene-parent-pom.xml to /Users/paulsmith/.m2/repository/org/apache/lucene/lucene-parent/@version@/[EMAIL PROTECTED]@.pom

Am I missing something ?

Yes... there is no maven build system for Lucene yet ;-)

We actually build with ant and use the maven-ant-tasks to deploy the m2 artifacts. The pom.xml files in trunk are templates. The ant target "generate-maven-artifacts" takes those templates, replaces the @version@ by the actual version number and creates a maven dist directory where it deploys all the artifacts for the ibiblio upload.

- Michael