Hi Esra,

I have attached a patch to LUCENE-1279 containing a new class:
CollatingRangeQuery.

The patch also contains a test class: TestCollatingRangeQuery.  One of the test
methods checks for the Farsi range you were having trouble with.

It should be mentioned that according to Collator.getAvailableLocales(),
neither Java 1.4.2 nor Java 1.5.0 contains Farsi collation information.
However, in the test class I use the Arabic Locale, which seems to properly
collate the non-Arabic Farsi letter U+0698, and hopefully behaves well with
other Farsi letters.  If you find that this is not the case, you can look into
writing collation rules using RuleBasedCollator - you should be able to
directly specify the proper letter orderings for Farsi; CollatingRangeQuery
would also have to supply a constructor that takes in a Collator instead of a
Locale.

Please give the class a try and post back about how it works.

Thanks,
Steve