Hi all,

I have an application that works fine with 6.0.1, but if I go to 6.1.0 or 6.2.0
then I occasionally get a corrupted index where the SegmentMerger keeps
breaking on a numeric field.

This is the exception I get:

... (stack of application code) ...
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: field=" [1]calculon" did not
index point values
        at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene60.Lucene60PointsReader.getBKDReader(Lucene60PointsReader.java:126)
        at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene60.Lucene60PointsReader.size(Lucene60PointsReader.java:224)
        at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene60.Lucene60PointsWriter.merge(Lucene60PointsWriter.java:169)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergePoints(SegmentMerger.java:173)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:122)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeMiddle(IndexWriter.java:4312)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.merge(IndexWriter.java:3889)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.doMerge(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:588)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler$MergeThread.run(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:626)

The field " [1]calculon" is always either a LongPoint or DoublePoint with 1
dimension. The documents containing this field always also contain both a
StoredField, and a DoubleDocValuesField with the same name.

I cannot reproduce the issue if I give the DoubleDocValuesField a different
name. Is that something that I should be doing in general? I was under the
impression that it is OK to use the same name for all three related fields.

Here is the infostream from a test that reproduces the issue:
http://wikisend.com/download/613238/merges.log

Unfortunately, while I can reproduce the issue consistently in the full
application, I don't yet have a clean test case with just/mostly Lucene code.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Jan-Willem v/d Broek