From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerick...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 19:02
To: java-user <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Strange index corruption related to numeric fields when upgrading
from 6.0.1

A wild shot in the dark: Are the square brackets really part of the field name?
They have never officially been supported, from the Ref
Guide:

"Field names should consist of alphanumeric or underscore characters only and
not start with a digit. This is not currently strictly enforced, but other
field names will not have first class support from all components and back
compatibility is not guaranteed"

Your statement "I cannot reproduce the issue if I give the DoubleDocValuesField
a different name" seems to indicate that it's not a code problem with Lucene if
you don't put the brackets in.....

Best,
Erick