-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of HICKS, Steven (ROYAL CORNWALL HOSPITALS NHS TRUST)
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:52 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] JAWS And Realtek Sound Driver Configuration

Hi friends,

I Have just purchased a new laptop which has Realtek audio set up on it.
When you plug in speakers, it keeps coming up with a popup asking which device
you plugged in.
I Can use the JAWS touch cursor to move around this screen and there is a
message saying do not show this dialog again which it would be good to select
but for some reason, when the touch cursor is on, I try to use the JAWS left
click button but it doesn't seem to tick this box.
I tried pressing enter and return as well.
Has anyone come across any similar issues and found a way around?
The application for the Realtek Waves seems to be very poorly written
accessability wise.
I Have tried searching for the jack selection option in other ways e.g. in
control panel, sound and under the advanced and properties tabs to no effect.
Even tried searching the web for a registry entry but I have had no luck.
I Am also having issues with the Dell DW15 dock, when you plug in speakers to
this, it will work for a while and then the sound card will drop out.
I Have updated the system bios, device drivers and firmware etc and the same
thing still happens.

Any thought from anyone else with a similar setup would be very much
appreciated!

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error
before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff
in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and
other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch,
https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

---
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de
virus.