Vicki. You said you wanted to turn the caps lock off when you need to use the shift key. I may be misunderstanding you here, but, the caps lock and the shift key are 2 different keys. Therefore, other than using the caps lock in the laptop layout, you wouldn't use the caps lock to capitalize one letter. but you know that. Unless you have a strange keyboard like I have that has only one windows key.

Vince

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vicki W." <vwher...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS keystroke needed

I was just looking for the key itself, which is the caps lock and how to turn it off when I need to use the shift key.

For some reason, tapping it twice quickly has no effect. If I change the JAWS key to another key, my caps lock key works fine, so I know it's not an issue with the physical key on the keyboard.

I'm just wondering if there is something else I need to adjust to get it to function correctly when tapping twice to use as a caps lock key.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Whitehead" <davidmac1...@gmail.com>