Yes, you are right.

Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Fernando Gregoire
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:29 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Using a web site provided text formatter.

Hi Adrian,

Yes, I assume that Judy selected the desired text before trying to make it a
link.
Regarding CTRL+Z, it is probably a typo, since CTRL+Z is for Undo.
Trying Pass Key Through (JAWS+3) is a good idea. Since she's using IE, she
should press this JAWS command, then ALT+L, then this JAWS command again and
finally ENTER.
Additionally, Judy could also try changing, at least temporarily, the Link
Activation option in Quick Settings. This option defines wetter JAWS simulates
a left mouse click on the link or a pressing of the ENTER key on it; by default
JAWS simulates a left mouse click, but FS recommends testing the other
alternative in case the user has problems activating links in a website.
If this solves the problem, Judy could change this in the Personalized Web
Settings branch, specifically for the problematic website.