I like the E cleaner works great for me doing this too..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Dicey" <adi...@bellsouth.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 9:36 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Getting rid of greater signs in a message

Hello Friends,
You can always paste a messy message you might have received into a Word .doc file, then just hit Control H, which is "Find and Replace" use the greater sign to "find", and leave the "Replace" blank.

It will leave the message clean of those messy greater signs, and your recipients will appreciate it!
I do it with about half the forwarded messages I in turn wish to forward.

It only takes a couple of seconds!

Best Regards,
Alan
Miami, Florida