I also use JAWS 9.0.2191U with IE 8, but have not experienced the problems navigating the Amazon site you have encountered. Try launching IE 8 with no add-ons to see if the problems still persist. To do this, go to Start menu, All Programs,Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer-No Add-Ons. If you continue to have problems with IE 8, consider rolling back to IE 7.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Norma A. Boge" <nab...@mchsi.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 7:59 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Problems with I.E. 8 and J9

Hey people,

I'm encountering some issues with I.E. 8 and Jaws 9.0.2191. Specifically, on amazon.com, Jaws is not reading combo boxes correctly, typing into an edit box is sluggish, and moving through headings, etc. is sluggish. In general, I get a lot of "I.E. needs to close" messages, Jaws getting stuck in forms mode, a need to refresh frequently, and just inadequate performance of the browser and Jaws. If there are specific settings I need to enact, somebody please point me to the info. I do also use Firefox, and the issues are fewer but things aren't perfect there, either.

Thanks for reading,
Norma

University of Iowa Hawkeyes
2010 FedEx Orange Bowl Champions