While it is true that the beta version of IE 8 did not work well with JAWS 9, as I can attest from personal experience, the current stable release of IE 8 seems to work at least as well for me with JAWS 9.0.2191U as IE 7. The only minor issue I have noticed is that the Read Address Bar command, JAWS key-A, does not work. Otherwise, I have not encountered any problems with web page navigation or edit fields. In fact, for me JAWS 9 actually seems to work better with IE 8 than JAWS 10.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Norma A. Boge" <nab...@mchsi.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 11:40 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] What FS says about I.E. 8 and J9

Hey everyone,

I wrote to FS about my problems with I.E. 8 and Jaws 9. They said that Jaws 9 does not work with I.E. 8, the first release of Jaws to work with I.E. 8 is version 10.

I know there are those of you who are using this combination, and I'm glad you're having good luck with it. I guess I'll roll back to I.E. 7 for the time being.

Thanks,
Norma