Jaws has actually had this capability for a long time. Only in versions prior to 10.0, the soundcard output had to be configured by manually editing the jfw.ini file. Instructions for this could be found in the jfw technotes up on FS's website.

With jfw 10.0 and higher, you just need to pick the sound card you want from within the jaws program interface.

hth

Doris

At 06:32 PM 2/13/2011, you wrote:
Sure jaws don't have that compatibility and never did. It runs on what ever the wav output is set too.

At 01:01 PM 2/13/2011, you wrote:
One of the things I have not been able to understand about Jaws volume issues , is that in iTunes, even in Windows XP, you can control its volume separate from Jaws.

Can anyone explain that?

Vicky
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cornell Ligon" <cjli...@msn.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] re turning jaws up and down separately?

if using Windows Vista or 7, the answer is yes. click on sound card in system tray, such as Realtach. click on volume control and tab through the options. when you arrive on application for JAWS, slide the bar down using either down arrow or page down key. the remaining aps using the sound card will remain the same, probably at 100%.
HTH!

Best Regards, Cornell