Have to read the docs on that laptop and see what reverts the FN key back to defaults.
All laptops are different for that key.

At 10:01 AM 3/22/2011, you wrote:
Hi all,

I just got a new HP 64 bit laptop, with a full keyboard. I purchased the
full keyboard computer so I wouldn't have to deal with the laptop
configuration.  With this new computer though, I need to press the function
key to use any of the Jaws f key functions.  Is there a way to switch the
default on the function keys so that the function key needs to be pressed
for the opposite of what it is presently set up to?

For example,, the f12 key is presently default to turn on and off the
internet. In order to read the time I must press, the fn key, the f12 and
the Jaws key.  As you can imagine, while trying to do the links list Jaws
key f7, on the internet this is a feat in dexterity!  I want to make that
the secondary function of the f 12 key and let the Jaws key f12 speak the
time and date as it did on my old computer.

Is this a possibility?  How would one accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance,
 Dixie

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com