Yeah, I finally found that hardware and sound lastnight but there was nothing to change the function key as you are saying. So I'm guessing Bios is the only way to do it.
Sarah A.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David" <davidwhitehead1...@cogeco.ca>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] The function key

Hello there;

If you go into control panel,
You will land on the search edit,
If you tab one time you may hear,
Small or large icons,
If you press spacebar, up arrow, you will hear, cadigory,
Press enter.
Now, if you tab you should find hardware and sound,
However, there's no setting to change the function key behavior. At least I
haven't found such setting on a dell laptop.
Note, if you change to cadigory within the control panel, you won't be able to letter navigate, so you will need to change back to large or small icon.