From: Flor Lynch
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Keystroke Functionn, How Do I Change 1

Mike,

OK. You're dealing here with the F LOCK Key, which is apparently OFF.
(If not, you'd know this by pressing one of the FUNCTION KEYS, as
they've been changed to do alternative functions if the F LOCK key is
enabled. What were the Microsoft guys thinking when they designed that?
(Your guess is better than mine!)

The keyboard software configuration may be something called IntelliType
Pro. You may need to install it from the CD to reassign the key - if
that's possible. But, there are other alternatives.

First, Take a look at the Microsoft article, at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894037

etc. The second alternative I believe is that you could ring Microsoft
Accessibility and ask them to change the functionality of the F Lock
key. (You guys are lucky to have this telephone access. Not every
country has!)