Hi Ted,

It doesn't matter where you get CCleaner from.  Even if you get it from,
Piriform, the people that make CCleaner that's going to happen.  When you
install CCleaner it's necessary to read all the screens thoroughly using the
Jaws cursor & if you do this on the, Install button, you would see
checkboxes that need to be unchecked so Chrome & the Google toolbar don't
get installed.  But, there is a great work around for this, a program called
Unchecky!  Information is below:

Anyone who is concerned about unintentionally installing promotional
software may be interested in trying Unchecky.

http://unchecky.com/

It runs in the background as a service and monitors for recognized
installers.  It then automatically unchecks any checkboxes related to
installing toolbars,
browsers, and similar unwanted products.  I have not thoroughly tested the
program and it is not guaranteed to catch everything, but there have already
been several updates since the initial release so I'm sure it's detection
rate will improve.

I've been using the program described above for quite awhile now & I've
never had a problem with the Chrome or the Google toolbar since I installed
it.

HTH
Take care.
Mike