hi,
The only way you can 'save your SMA' for JAWS18 is, if you've finished SMA's with JAWS16, and you would therefore have to get a new one with JAWS18. If your SMA is running through JAWS16 and the next two versions after, then you've already paid for JAWS17 (and 18), whether you install JAWS17 or not.

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 10:26 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS 17 problem

I'm using jaws 16 and windows 10 this happens to me also.  the only way I
can get jaws back is just keep alt+tab until jaws speaks again.  FS is not
aware of this and won't fix it because not a lot of people have reported
this.  when I told FS they just told me to upgrade to 17 to see if the
problem went away.  I'm saving my SMA for jaws 18.