Bill Burke wrote:
> > Well, maybe. To make this work, you require true xa capable drivers, and
> > you need to use real 2pc, not the fake stuff from jbosspool wrappers.  The
> > wrapped drivers will give you 2 independent conncurrent transactions.
>
> I don't know about you, but I'm happy with the fake XA that the jbosspool
> wrappers provide.  Shouldn't it work 99.999% of the time?

Yes, but the problem is that 0.001% of the time you get
failures that may break your data integrity.

Anyway, *if* you only use one pool (and *no* other
resources), and have at most one connection open per
transaction at any time, XA is not really used, and
the fact that the pool re-issues the same connection
may make the fake XA work 100% of the time.
But that really is a special case.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.

P.S: I also think that setting isolation levels per-pool
is the right thing to do.