|I think you missed one of the old messages (way to many today).
|
|It appears that if you changes the transaction isolation in the middle of a
|transaction the driver can perform an implicit commit (YUCK).
|
|So, I don't think we can trust drivers to allows us to change the level on
|the fly.

well that is EXCELLENT NEWS... ?

you are saying that I can actually change the isolation level on a jdbc
connection for a new transaction ? ( I don't want to change in the middle)
what I want to do is

connection A gets assigned to transaction B

transaction B encompasses bean C

The container gets connection D

Connection D was use with bean E previously

bean C is ISOLATION1 and D is ISOLATION2

my question is can we reconfigure connection D with the new stuff?

you seem to say that yes...because you are aware of problems that arise if
we do it INSIDE a transaction, when I really don't care about this fine a
feature...

marcf

|-dain