Why not setup up an example (or some other name) configuration and put
the stuff that shouldn't be in default there?  This will keep things
simple (small number of configs to maintain in the release dist).  I
would expect that most first time users will want to see the basics (aka
default config), then once they get a handle on the greatness of JBoss
they will want to roll there own configuration.

--jason