What exactly is the problem you are having? Can you post a small detailed
example?

As I understand your proposal you want to deploy from the outside in rather
than the inside out.  I think this won't work for most packages: for
instance I don't think we can put our sar packages inside ejb-jars so they
could get deployed after the ejb-jar, whereas you can put an ejb-jar inside
a sar to get it deployed before the sar.

Please explain further.

david jencks