> Yes, that's the idea.  It goes like this when  jboss instantiates an
> mbean from a *-service.xml file:
>
> (create mbean)
> state: instantiated
> (set attributes)
> state: configured
> (call create method) ~(call destroy method)
> state: created
> (call start method) ~(call stop method)
> state: started
>
> where the ~() methods go backwards from the other methods.
>
> Personally I think the create and destroy methods could be safely
> removed as useless, but I lost the argument the last time we had it.

Clustering needed this at least because of the state transfer algorithm:
services must first be able to register with the HAPartition and once
everyone has done that, the next step can be used to actually exchange the
initial state. It was not (at that time, maybe it has changed) possible to
make micro-state-transfer on a service-by-service basis. I think another
service had a similar needs but I don't remember which one.