julien viet wrote ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> JD> Though now that I think about it I would prefer that Java was more like
> JD> PHP in the sense of a light weight web application development language
> JD> with its rich extensions and apis.
>
> we discussed with Dain at boot camp and we wished
> having a way to dynamic compile a class, I mean with
> a java compiler written in java and taking class def from
> a classloader.
>
> That would enable a compilation service in jboss. Would be great
> for nukes. Kopi compiler is written in 100% java and could be modified
> to achieve such results though I don't know about its license.

I did this for the PizzaCompiler as part of getting Cocoon to work
without a JDK (only a JRE needed). For Pizza this is relatively
easy as it has pluggable resource-loaders (.class files are resources
to the compiler). The pizza compiler can be found at:

http://pizzacompiler.sourceforge.net/

I placed the sources for the pizza-loader and some wrapper and extension
classes needed to use it at: http://www.artefact.nl/pizza-loader.zip

I stripped of some extra's and commented out some lines to keep it
simple and self hosting.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Marcel Ammerlaan