Guess there are two points from my perspective.  The first, which Dimitris
already touched on, what is going to be the interface on the client end?  If
this is a web browser, then can just have a servlet for the upload of the jar
(which will obviously not require remoting and should be pretty straight
forward).

If client is fat client (swing or SWT) or if have a master server that will
replicate the deployments out, then can use remoting for distributing the file.
 My idea for doing this (is not implemented yet), is to provide a way to pass
an inputstream to remoting, which will then call on the server handler and pass
a proxy to it with its type being the same as what was passed on the client.
Then when the server handler code asks to read it, the proxy will call across
the wire and do the read.  Don't know for sure that this will work, but it
should.  I do however expect it to be a little slow, but at least you won't
have to load the whole file in memory (which would have to do otherwise if not
streamed).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3863127#3863127

Reply to the post :